Sunday, November 26, 2017

I Bought the Story Online

I decided to join, apparently everyone, and try holiday shopping online. I’ve had success with cleaning products, toys, wedding and baby gifts, but no such luck for myself. I swore off ordering purchases only to be returned to the store; a complete waste of my time. But, I’ll give it one more try. Black Friday, not to mention Cyber Monday, all too much to ignore.

So any store email is fair game. Anthropologie, Target, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, to name a few.

I sit perusing at my computer as the model calls for me to order a beautiful emerald sweater, a touch of ruffles on the sleeves. Her hair blows in the wind, her arm resting on one knee, her waist twisted ever so slightly, as she looks wistfully towards the horizon, while sitting on a beaten up old bench. I wonder, is she waiting for a bus?

And look at that wrap blouse, a bow cascading down the side. The bright eyed young model is bending over, her hands on her thighs, smiling wide, a table set for dinner in the background. And yes, her hair is blowing and flowing behind her. So, it occurs to me this may have been my mistake in the past. Am I taken in by the fantasy of an apparel item? And why is it always windy? I could not even tell what the front of the blouse actually looks like head on. But, as I put it in my basket I wonder, who’s coming for dinner? I am too much of a helpless romantic for my own good. I just may not be the online shopping type. I am too easily seduced by the story.

No comments: